- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Category: muffins
- 2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Extra chocolate chips for decorating
- Optional: melted dark chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Prepare muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, bananas and coconut oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Fold through chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each liner ¾ of the way full.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops of your muffins are set and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.
- Move to a wire rack and let completely cool.
- Optional: Drizzle melted dark chocolate over each muffin.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Do not over mix the batter, ensuring it won't become rubbery, fold until just combined.