- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed, *gluten free if preferred
- 400g pumpkin of choice, skin removed and chopped into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 cups fresh rocket leaves or fresh spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian herbs
- Cracked black pepper, to season
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2–3 Tbsp milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Thaw pastry on bench top at room temperature.
- Place cubed pumpkin on a baking tray and drizzle over oil and season with the salt.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Remove and cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- Place roasted pumpkin in a high-speed food processor along with the rocket, dried herbs and pepper.
- Blend on high until well combined and mostly smooth, it’s ok to have it still a little chunky.
- Place both sheets of thawed pastry on 2 large chopping boards or on a clean bench.
- Spoon half the pumpkin mixture over 1 pastry sheet and the other half on the second pastry sheet. Spread across each sheet in an even layer, to the edges.
- Divide and crumble the feta over the pumpkin on both sheets.
- Starting with one of the the longer sides of the pastry, gently roll it over the filling until you reach the end and you have a long log.
- Cut even sizes of the log into the pinwheels or any size you desire.
- Place scrolls on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Brush the pastry of each scroll with the milk.
- Sprinkle each with a little sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until puffed and golden, the filling may ooze out a little.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days. *You can find gluten free puff pastry from your health food store or gluten free bakery.
- Category: Snack, Dinner, Gluten Free