Peppermint & Cinnamon Hot Cocoa! Infused with peppermint essential oil and ground cinnamon! Serve with mini marshmallows and cocoa powder. For you adults, turn this into a nightcap by simply adding rum!
- 2 cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 4 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil, I use Young Living
- To Serve
- Mini marshmallows
- Cocoa powder
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, chocolate chips, cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk to combine well.
- Heat over a medium heat until steam begins to come off the surface or until desired drinking temperature, not boiling.
- Remove from heat and whisk through the peppermint oil. Add more or less peppermint depending on your desired strength.
- Pour into serving mugs.
- If desired, top with marshmallows and dusting of cocoa powder.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Want to turn this hot cocoa into a night cap? Adults only, simply add 1-2 tablespoons of rum when you whisk through the peppermint!