Oat, Honey + Teff Bars! Under 10-ingredients and the perfect weekly healthy & nutritious snack!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ivory teff flour, I use Ivory Teff flour from Outback Harvest
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey + extra if needed
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rolled oats, teff flour, baking soda, desicctaed coconut, flax seeds and cacao nibs, mix well and set aside.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, add coconut oil and honey, mix well until coconut oil is completely melted and mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir through vanilla.
- Pour oil and honey mixture into the dry mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined. Adding a little extra honey if needed to help mixture stick together and hold it’s shape.
- Press mixture into lined pan, firmly flattening it out with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula until firm and even.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden around the edges and lightly golden in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, carefully slice into long bars.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry or refrigerated, for 5-6 days.
*You can find teff flour in your local health food store.
- Category: Snack Bar, Dairy Free, Egg Free