One bowl rich chocolatey goodness! Homemade healthy muffins make for the perfect daily snack!
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cups (180g) gluten free plain all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder (not dutch processed cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp (3g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut sugar, or light brown sugar
- 1 cup (270g) unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup (60g) almond milk, or dairy free milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºC). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin patty pans, set aside.
- Melt coconut oil first and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Stir through sugar.
- Pour in apple sauce, milk, vanilla and the melted coconut oil. Gently mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon, until a soft and smooth batter forms, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Add chocolate chips and fold through until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Filling each 3/4 of the way full. This recipe makes 10-12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 3-4 days.