Chocolate PB & Jam Muffins! Or if you would like to call them, morning glory muffins! Because let’s face it, you can enjoy these jam filled chocolate muffins for breakfast anyway right?! Your worth it 😉
I was super happy when these muffins came out of the oven, I even did a happy dance! Because I altered my favourite chocolate muffin recipe and added in peanut butter and of course peanut butter is quite thick, so I had to adjust the liquids to compensate. Oh it’s such a science right?! Onto the beautiful strawberry jam though, you can use store-bought or I whipped up my own, only because I completely forgot to buy jam! Hope you enjoy these delicious muffins my friends!
- 1½ cups gluten free all purpose flour*
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond milk or any thin dairy free milk of choice
- Store bought strawberry jam or use my homemade strawberry chia jam recipe
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a 12-hole regular sized muffin pan with regular sized muffin or cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut oil. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, lightly beat the coconut oil until just soft. Add coconut sugar and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 10-15 seconds or until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides when needed whilst beating.
- Add dry flour mixture into creamed mixture. Beat again until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour in milk, beat until well combined and mixture forms a soft muffin batter.
- Spoon approx. 2 tablespoons worth of batter into each muffin liner.
- Dollop approx. 1 tablespoon of jam onto the centre of each batter.
- Top with more batter, approx. 2-3 tablespoons or to cover the jam and the liners are filled ⅔ of the way up.
- Spoon a little more jam on the top of each, swirling it through the batter with a small toothpick.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the tops of the muffins spring back when touched.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy.
*I use Bobs Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in my baked goods. It works perfectly as an exact swap for regular flour as a 1:1 ratio. You may also use any other gluten free all purpose flour or any regular wheat all purpose flour.