Guys, It’s Friday! Can you believe it?? This calls for muffins, protein muffins! I’ve never been one to add protein powder to my sweets but there is a first time for everything right?! I’m sure many of you use protein powder on a regular basis and would find it fantastic to now enjoy it in something baked! These protein muffins are filled with only nourishing and energising ingredients to keep you fighting fight for longer. You can whip these beauties up in under 30 minutes and all in one bowl, that’s exactly what we are all after!
You love a good healthy muffin recipe? Same! Ok ok, healthy muffin recipe you’re probably thing, yeah as if! That’s right, nutrient dense ingredients are used to create these yummy protein packed muffins. Banana, almond butter, cacao powder and protein powder and honey. These protein muffins are perfect for your post fitness workout snack, especially if you’re like me and are always on the hunt for something chocolatey, you can get the best of both worlds!
Thank you to Harvest Industries for their awesome Cacao Blast Protein Powder. I’m going to be honest and let you guys know that this was my first time EVER adding protein powder into my baked goods! And I’m going to be cheeky and let you know that I was a little too excited about the scoop you get inside to scoop it out, yes I’m easily assumed and yes this is my first protein powder ha ha ha! Hey I’m just being honest!
So I have obviously talked these chocolate protein muffins up enough that you most likely want to go and whip up a batch for yourself to start your day! I hope you enjoy these delicious and nutritious protein muffins!
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 scoops Harvest Industries Superfood Protein Cacao Blast
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a muffin pan with liners, set aside.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat ingredients together until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon batter evenly amongst liners, filling each liner ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!