Happy New Year!! Welcoming 2017 with some epic sweet potato noodles tossed in a creamy peanut butter sauce, yep this is going down…
Today we are getting real simple and by that I mean I’m going to show you the e-a-s-i-e-s-t spiralized noodles that you will be making for dinner… or lunch… don’t make me say breakfast… well… the noodles are coated in a peanut butter so… I’ll leave that one up to you!
I haven’t consumed many spiralized noodles in my time but I think that I need to begin adding more recipes such as this one to my repertoire and to yours! This dish is absolute perfection if you’re a super fan of peanut butter (who isn’t?) and spiralized noodles, winner winner peanut potato dinner!
Oh I forgot to mention that yes, these vegan noodles do contain like 25% salad and by salad I’m referring to spinach, sweet sweet healthy and nutritious wilted spinach. Overall, this sweet potato noodle recipe will tick all of your healthy new years resolutions, you have come to the right place my friends, the happiest of places, please stick around, you might as well because there is a lot more than where this came from!
What are goals for this new year of 2017? I feel like we have arrived in the future. Do you remember way back when in the new millennium of 2000 and we all predicted that around this present time that we will for sure be hovering around on our custom hover boards whilst wearing our identical silver metallic space suits? Or was that just the vision I had..? Nope! Instead, we have noodles made out of veggies! YAY!
Back on track you guys, I’m just a little excited over this recipe. I hope I have convinced you to make a batch for yourself and your family and friends!
- Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Fresh oregano, to serve
- Place all sauce ingredients into a high speed blender, blend on high speed until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large fry pan over high heat. Add sweet potatoes, sauté and toss noodles with tongs until tender and slightly crisp, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add spinach, toss through noodles, turn heat to low. Continue to cook mixture until spinach wilts.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan, pour in half the sauce. Stir to coat noodles and spinach well, add more oil to pan if it’s too sticky.
- Transfer noodles to a mixing bowl, pour in remaining sauce, mix well.
- Serve noodles in bowls, top with fresh oregano and enjoy!
The amount of serves depends on the amount and size of sweet potatoes you use. Remember, when cooked, the sweet potatoes will shrink slightly. I suggest doubling this recipe if you’re serving for a larger amount of people.