So i’m sitting here enjoying a piece of this absolutely amazing tasting chocolate cake after doing a few hours of housework, i.e. cleaning my bedroom and bathroom, isn’t a lovely feeling being all dusty? Yes it was well overdue for a tidy! And i have just written out the recipe for my Sweet Potato Fried with Homemade Guacamole and yes it’s so delicious and you need to make it right away!
I enjoy this dish for lunch or as a last minute dinner idea, since it is so simple to prepare yet it’s full of flavour. There is just something about sweet potato fries that tastes so so good don’t you think? Dip the fries in your homemade guacamole and prepare yourself for a mouthful bursting with flavour. I love to use Himalayan Pink Salt instead of regular table salt as it’s much more beneficial to our health, loaded with nourishing minerals, this is one healthy meal you don’t want too miss out on!
This is probably the easiest guacamole recipe you will make, only 6 ingredients. You don’t need to be too fancy to enjoy the fun and deliciousness that is the classic guacamole. Did i mention kids will absolutely fall in love with this also? Get them to help you mix through the veggies and herbs in the avocado. Let them lick the spoon, no need to worry, the guacamole is completely healthy and nourishing for those growing bodies!
- 1-2 medium sized sweet potatoes, washed and skin left on
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 medium sized cucumber, sliced then diced
- 1 medium sized tomato, sliced then diced
- 1 bunch fresh herbs, i used parsley, oregano and rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan Pink Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthways into long shaped “fries” and place into a mixing bowl.
- Coat fries in melted coconut oil.
- I cooked my fries in my air fryer at 200ºC (390ºF) for 20-30 minutes until cooked and golden.
- If using a regular oven, pre-heat oven to 190ºC (375ºF) and place fries onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked and golden. Flip fries during cooking to ensure even baking.
- Whilst your fries are baking, begin your guacamole.
- Prepare your cucumber, tomato and herbs as stated in the ingredients.
- Cut open avocado and discard the pip.
- Mash the avocado in a mixing bowl.
- Add veggies, herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Keep in the refrigerator until fries are ready.
- Remove fries from the oven once cooked and add them to a serving bowl or platter, sprinkle with extra salt.
- Serve with guacamole and enjoy!