Rainbow Veggie Noodle Bowls! Fresh and easy bowls filled with raw rainbow vegetables, vermicelli noodles and a delectable homemade peanut sauce!
- Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup (85g) smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp (15g) soy sauce, may also use tamari for gluten free
- 1 Tbsp (15g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15g) pure sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp (15g) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp (45g) room temperature water
- 150g uncooked thin vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 large carrot, (approx. 100g), trimmed and sliced julienne (long thin strips)
- 1 small-medium cucumber (approx. 90g), trimmed and sliced julienne (long thin strips)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large stalk spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Whisk until completely smooth. Set aside until ready to use. If you refrigerate the sauce, it will thicken even further.
- Prepare and cook rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain off water after cooking and set aside.
- Prepare and slice all vegetables, except the spring onion and sesame seeds. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the cooked noodles, gently mixing the veggies and noodles together using tongs.
- Pour half the sauce over the noodle mixture and toss with your tongs until combined. Pour in remaining half of the sauce and mix until well combined and everything is coated well in the sauce.
- Sprinkle over sliced spring onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 2-3 days.