Crispy golden pastry tart filled with rosemary potatoes, extra sharp cheese, garlic and beautiful green broccolini!
- 1 square sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (30g) extra sharp cheese block, grated, or a vintage cheddar. I use Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Block Cheese
- 2 small (each weighing approx. 100g each) white potatoes, either desiree or dutch cream potatoes, washed & skin on
- 1/4 cup (5g) fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 3 stalks broccolini, trimmed and chopped into florets *
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Line a flat baking tray with parchment paper.
- Once pastry has thawed, place on lined tray.
- Using a small sharp knife, carefully score a 2cm border around the edge of the pastry. This will allow the edges to puff up.
- Lightly prick the middle with a fork.
- Brush the entire pastry with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Working within the scored border, sprinkle and evenly spread over the minced garlic.
- Sprinkle over half the grated cheese.
- Prepare potatoes by slicing both very thinly, use a mandolin if you have one. Place in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle sliced potatoes with 1 teaspoon of the remaining olive oil. Toss to coat well.
- Add chopped rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Arrange potatoes evenly over the cheese, you will have multiple layers of potatoes.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, arrange broccolini over potatoes and sprinkle over remaining cheese.
- Drizzle over remaining olive oil.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 2-3 days.
* If you can’t find broccolini, use broccoli instead and slice into small florets.