Easy as spaghetti! Yes I’m saying that literally, this is the easiest spag bowl you’re going to make and if not the most delicious vegan spaghetti you’ll be consuming! I was always one for angel hair spaghetti, you know angel hair? Those super fine strands of spaghetti that goes down so easy? Hey, I’ll continue to love all types of spaghetti but not just yet because there is thick spaghetti to be had! I’m starting to wonder how long i can drag a paragraph out that is introducing a new gluten free spaghetti recipe…?
We are coming in to the final few weeks of winter here in Australia and although spaghetti is a dish you can enjoy all year round, let’s be honest, there is nothing better than sitting down to a hot, heartwarming, delicious and flavourful bowl of loaded vegetable spaghetti after a long day is there? Especially when it’s trickling with rain outside and you’re all cosy in your loungewear, home socks and your fluffy slippers. Now this is starting to sound more like a Peter Alexander commercial than a spaghetti recipe. So far we have established that this is in fact a gluten free and vegan spaghetti recipe and a fine one at that! As soon as i had the opportunity to twirl my fork straight into this spaghetti bowl i did and it was a delight. Sensational, incredible, delicious and yummy all came to mind. What’s amazing is that this spaghetti is completely gluten free! I used Barilla’s Gluten Free Spaghetti and I’m telling you, it tastes exactly like regular wheat pasta, if not better! Along with their Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce, this gluten free spaghetti dish is completely and utterly amazing! I’m not going to lie and say i didn’t have plenty of mouthfuls just after i photographed the deliciousness.
Perfect for dinner any night of the week
Spicy and fresh
Vegan spaghetti bowl? If you thought gluten free spaghetti was enough awesomeness for one day, you’re wrong. This recipe is also vegan, woop woop! Loaded with fresh vegetables, creamy pasta sauce with a hint of spice, this is one dish all you vegetarians and vegans want to try for yourselves!
- 340g Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 400g can Barilla Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 purple onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2-3 spring onion stalks, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- Half a red capsicum, chopped
- Half a yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Fresh cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Fill a large pot with filtered water half way, bring to the boil, when water is boiling, add spaghetti and stir until completely covered.
- Cook according to packet instructions. I cooked my spaghetti for 9 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain off and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large frypan, heat coconut oil on high.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté until translucent.
- To the pan, add spring onion, celery, capsicum and broccoli, cook for 10 minutes on medium-high or until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta sauce to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes until heated through.
- Stir though parsley and tomatoes.
- Toss pasta through sauce and vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Serve with extra tomatoes and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.