Crispy and golden vegetable fritters the size of a pancake! Seasoned with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Serve as a quick nourishing lunch or as part of your dinner topped with greek yoghurt, oil if desired, pepper and an abundance of fresh basil.
- 1 large (150g) carrot, trimmed and grated, by hand or I used my food processor with the grate attachment
- 1 large (160g) zucchini, trimmed and grated, by hand or I used my food processor with the grate attachment
- 1/2 a large red onion (50g), peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp (25g) plain all purpose flour, or use plain gluten free flour
- 2 large eggs (each weighing approx. 55g each in shell)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, extra if needed for frying
- To serve
- Greek yoghurt
- Extra virgin olive oil, if desired
- Cracked black pepper
- Lot of fresh basil
- In a large mixing bowl, add onion, grated carrot and zucchini. Mix well.
- Add flour, eggs, garlic, cumin and lightly season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and the egg is well distributed.
- In a large fry pan, pour in the 1 tablespoon of oil to coat the base. Warm up over a medium heat.
- Pick up a large amount of mixture in your palm and place into hot fry pan. Flatten it out slightly roughly to the size of a regular pancake.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until dark golden and crispy. Then flip and cook the same on the other side.
- Repeat process for remaining mixture, makes approx. 2 large fritters the size of a pancake. Or you can make them any size!
- Serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, cracked pepper and fresh basil leaves.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1-2 days.