It’s taco night!! Or soft wrap tortilla night! Which ever way you like to call them, they’re downright delicious and we all know it!
These tortilla wraps are veggie based, high in protein and the perfect hearty fun dinner meal! I tried to keep this recipe as simple as I could, in regards to the filling and the seasonings, as I know you guys love quick and easy meal ideas.
Also added to this yummy meal is my famous avocado sauce! I’ve been wanting to share this avo sauce recipe with you for quite some time and I was craving these taco wraps over the weekend so I took the opportunity and decided to add in my avo sauce recipe to this recipe! Excited?
This avocado sauce is thick, creamy, subtle and it pretty much works wonders as a sauce/dressing on most meals! I also love adding it over a bunch of roasted veggies, you know the ones, those nights where you just roast up all your leftover vegetables from your refrigerator and make a huge dinner? Yes those sort of meals, it’s SO DELICIOUS!
Be sure to share your tortillas with your family and friends, after all, that’s what they’re all about right? 😉
- 1 large purple onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g canned black beans, drained
- 1 x 400g canned chickpeas, drained
- 150g tempeh or tofu, diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp pink salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Avocado Sauce
- 1 medium-large ripe avocado
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 medium-large clove garlic, peeled
- ½ cup water
- 1½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
- 1 packet soft tortilla wraps, gluten free if preferred
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Grease a large baking tray with oil/butter or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place onion, beans, chickpeas and tempeh/tofu into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all seasonings and olive oil over the veggies and beans, mix until well coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tempeh/tofu is cooked through. Stirring mixture halfway through cooking. Remove from oven when ready.
- Whilst the filling is roasting, make avocado sauce.
- Avocado Sauce
- In a high-speed blender, add all sauce ingredients.
- Blend on high for 15-20 seconds until well combined, smooth and thick. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas according to packet instructions.
- Add a few baby spinach leaves to each wrap.
- Top wraps with roasted veggie and bean filling and dollop over avocado sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!