- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour* (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 185 g salted butter (chilled and cubed)
- 1 medium-large egg yolk
- 1–2 Tbsp chilled water
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup store-bought raspberry or strawberry jam
- 2–3 Tbsp icing sugar (for dusting)
- Snowflake cookie cutter or your choice of cookie cutter
- Small round piping nozzle
- In a high-speed food processor, add flour and icing sugar. Pulse a couple of times to blend together.
- Add chilled cubed butter. Pulse for 15 seconds until mixture resembles coarse crumb.
- With processor running, add egg yolk through the shoot and pulse until just combined.
- Through the feed shoot, drizzle a little chilled water while pulsing the mixture, until it begins to come together but not a ball of dough. If the dough is still too dry, add a little more water.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Bring together and gently knead until it forms a smooth dough ball.
- Divide dough in 2 equal halves and flatten each into a round disc. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Remove dough from fridge.
- On a lightly floured work surface or on a sheet of baking paper, roll one dough half out to 2-3mm in thickness. Add more flour to the surface if dough begins to stick.
- Take the snowflake cookie cutter (or cutter of choice) and cut out the bases. Place each on lined tray. Re-rolling excess dough until used up.
- Roll out remaining half of dough to 2-3mm in thickness. Add more flour to the surface if dough begins to stick.
- Take the snowflake cookie cutter (or cutter of choice) and cut out enough tops to match the bottoms. Take the round nozzle and carefully cut out a small hole in the middle of each top. Place each on lined tray. Re-rolling excess dough until used up.
- Return to the refrigerator to chill for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until pale and very lightly golden around the edges. Ensuring not to over-cook.
- Remove from oven and cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, spread approx. 1 – 2 teaspoons of raspberry jam onto the middle of the bases.
- Dust icing sugar over the tops.
- Gently place the tops over the bases, slightly sandwiching them together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry or refrigerated, for 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes