This easy and no fuss blender crepe batter is wonderful to serve for breakfast or dessert. Cooked to golden perfection and served warm with fresh lemon juice, a drizzle of honey and scattered with fresh raspberries!
- 1 1/4 cups (290ml) milk of choice, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp (65g) salted butter, melted then cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp raw or white granulated sugar
- 1 cup (150g) plain all purpose flour
- Extra butter, for frying
- Fresh lemon wedges + juice
- Fresh raspberries
- First melt butter and set aside to cool back down to room temperature without it turning solid again, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, I use my Vitamix, add all crepe ingredients starting with the liquids first, milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, sugar then the flour.
- Blend on medium speed until mixture is smooth and well combined, about 10-20 seconds. Stopping and scraping down the sides of the blender if needed.
- Place blender in refrigerator and chill batter for 30 minutes. Alternatively, pour batter into a jug and refrigerate, if your blender is too large for the fridge.
- Heat a 8 inch or 10 inch (20cm or 25cm) non-stick fry pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the fry pan and once warm, not too hot, spread butter over the base. Remove crepe batter from fridge.
- Using a 1/4 cup or a ladle that holds 1/4 cup, scoop up 1/4 cup of batter.
- Lift up the pan and tilt it slightly then pour in your batter, rotate and tilt the pan immediately to spread the batter out evenly over the base of the pan.
- Cook crepes over medium heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds or 2 minutes, until the top looks dry and the edges begin to curl up slightly.
- Using a spatula, gently flip crepes over and cook for a further 20-30 seconds, until both sides are lightly golden.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. You can stack your finished crepes on top of each other on the plate as you make them, they won’t stick together.
- Serve crepes warm with drizzled fresh lemon juice, honey and scattered with raspberries.
- Store leftovers or make a day ahead by leaving crepes stacked on a plate and covered with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated for 1 day. Or fold each up and store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 day.
Make crepe batter a few hours ahead of time or the night before and cook the next morning.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 10min