You scream! I scream! We all scream for ice-cream! Is that how that one goes??
You have seen me do quite a few popsicle recipes but I haven’t posted an ice-cream recipe in the longest time! What’s great about this ice-cream? It’s so EASY!! Like seriously, I am cheating here but this is a recipe for when you just don’t have the time, patience and equipment. Introducing my Lazy Girls Cookies + Cream Ice-Cream! Oh and you guessed it, completely dairy free!! That’s if you choose to use dairy free ice-cream.
I get my dairy free ice-cream from Zebra Dream and their ice-creams are coconut based and irresistibly healthy! Or you can most likely find dairy free ice-cream at your local health stores. On the other hand, if you’re not too concerned about the dairy, go ahead and use any of your favourite vanilla ice-cream. You know what else would be really delicious? Using chocolate ice-cream instead of the vanilla, I think I’ll do that one day! Yum!!
What’s your favourite flavour of ice-cream? I have many but not a stand out one that I always go for because as I said, I have so many favourites, if it involves chocolate though, I’m all over it. When I was younger I always used to get the rainbow ice-cream, wouldn’t dream of it now though, just imagine all of those toxic artificial colourings swirled in there, no deal.
Cookies and cream ice-cream is a special one and a very simple one at that. I wanted to give you the most easiest recipe I could, when it comes to ice-cream. Look, of course you can go out and buy cookies and cream ice-cream but that is besides the point, especially if your favourite vegan ice-cream doesn’t have cookies and cream flavour, you make it yourself! This way, you can have the healthiest dairy free ice-cream and blend through your favourite gluten free and dairy free chocolate chip cookies. I picked my cookies up from, you guessed it, my local health food store, gosh they have everything!!
So you can enjoy the best quality and good-for-you ice-cream possible! Just without making the actual ice-cream or cookies, you can do that, just takes much more time. To be honest with you, I haven’t created the perfect vegan ice-cream yet, there have been many failures. I want to make a dairy free ice-cream without using the obvious cashews. No shame against cashews, I just want something new and different!
Have you created a delicious vegan ice-cream before?? If not, get your lazy-ness on and whip yourself up a batch of this simple flavoursome ice-cream! Enjoy!
- 500ml Zebra Dream Dairy Free Vanilla Ice-Cream, or any dairy free vanilla ice-cream of choice
- 10 gluten free chocolate chip cookies, or Oreos
- Leave ice-cream out on your kitchen bench to defrost to room temperature, approx. 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Crush biscuits in a high-speed food processor or in a bowl using a wooden spoon or a rolling pin. Making sure there are still big chunks of biscuits left, not all crumb. Remove 2 tablespoons of the crushed cookies and set aside in a small bowl.
- Once ice-cream is smooth, pour into a mixing bowl.
- Fold through crushed biscuits into ice-cream until well blended.
- Pour ice-cream into a plastic container or a loaf pan. Sprinkle over extra 2 tablespoons of crushed biscuit.
- Place into freezer and freeze for 4-6 hours or until completely set. Overnight is ideal.
- Once ready, serve and enjoy!