As we begin the final month of winter here in Australia, today the sun was shining and we were welcomed with some patches of warmth! Did i just sound like a weather presenter on the news..?! Anyway, the point I’m attempting to make is that it was sort of warm today! Therefore i felt like some refreshing popsicles. After being in the depths of winter i wouldn’t even dream of cold, frozen chocolate mocha popsicles but you just never know when that sunshine will hit, especially in Melbourne.
These striking banana based, chocolate filled popsicles infused with coffee are just what you’re looking for on those long warm days, the most perfect way to cool down whilst enjoying a healthy sweet treat at the same time. These beauties are super simple to prepare. I whipped mine up in my food processor but you can also use a blender. I have been turning to the flavour of coffee these past few weeks for my creations because i’ve just discovered how delicious it is, yes I’m quite late to the party on that one 😉
Vegan (if you choose to use maple syrup)
These chocolate coffee popsicles are a twist on your regular chocolate ice-creams because you’re going to be infusing coffee granules into them, now i don’t see many mocha flavoured popsicles around much do you?? So i best not keep you any longer because you must go and whip up a batch of these delights to allow them to freeze over night!
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup Cocobella Coconut Water
- ¼ cup coconut cream, chilled
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate, melted
- In a high speed food processor or blender, add all ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture into a pouring jug with a spout.
- Fill popsicle moulds to the top.
- Place the bases into the moulds.
- Freeze popsicles for 2-4 hours or ideally overnight.
- To remove, hold each mould under running hot water for 5 seconds then slowly release popsicle from mould.
- Hold under hot water for longer if they aren’t sliding out.
- Place popsicles on a plate and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Serve and Enjoy!