Your new favourite batch of classic blueberry muffins with a soft and moist texture. They’re bursting with sweet blueberries amongst a rich and flavourful crumb. These muffins are created in one bowl and bake in under 25 minutes, which is what makes these quick and easy!
- 1/2 cup (100g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups (300g) plain all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) raw or white granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp (18g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature (each weighing approx. 55g-60 in shell)
- 1/2 cup (130g) plain greek style yoghurt, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp (100ml) milk, at room temperature, or use your favourite unsweetened dairy free milk, I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, if using frozen, do not thaw before adding, use straight from freezer
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (425ºF). Line a regular size 12-hole muffin pan with muffin patty liners. Set aside.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the middle and add eggs. Give them a little mix with your whisk or a fork to break them up.
- Pour in yoghurt, milk, cooled melted butter and vanilla. Fold until just combined, some flour will still be visible.
- Add blueberries and fold until incorporated. Ensuring not to over-mix your batter.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way up, dividing batter evenly between each cup. Makes 12 muffins.
- Bake at 220ºC (425ºF) for 5 minutes then lower oven temperature to 180ºC (356ºF) and bake for an additional 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store muffins in an airtight container, in a dry dark pantry, for 3-4 days. To freeze for up to 2-3 months by wrapping each muffin tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Place in an airtight container and into the freezer. To defrost, unwrap and sit muffin at room temperature until completely thawed. Heat up in the oven or microwave to enjoy warm.