New week, new recipe!! Cinnamon Sugar Waffles coming your way right now!
Waffles alone are fabulous but waffles sprinkled with cinnamon sugar… deliciousness on a whole new level! Although it is sugar and a sweet treat, I think it’s ok to indulge every now and then! Especially on Sunday mornings, sounds perfect right?
I used my favourite waffle recipe and it’s super simple and makes just the right amount of waffles. If you don’t already have a waffle iron, I highly recommend you get one. You can pick them up for pretty cheap, you don’t need a super fancy dancy one to get the job done!
Waffles honestly don’t take that long to make, the batter is all prepared in one bowl and then you just have to pour the waffle batter into your waffle maker. That does take a little longer but whilst you’re waiting for your delicious waffles to cook, you can prepare your fruity toppings!
Be sure to drizzle all that honey over your waffles or you can drizzle maple syrup, either is great! What’s also incredible with waffles? Ice-cream!! Or maybe you would prefer to serve your waffles with ice-cream as an after dinner dessert? Nahh, let’s go for the added ice-cream for breakfast as well! It’s worth it, trust me!
Now after you sprinkle your cinnamon sugar over your warm waffles, the sugar will begin to dissolve on the waffles but that’s just an indication that you should gobble them up right away! Sprinkle as much or as little cinnamon sugar on your waffles as you desire because you will be adding fresh fruit anyway! One that point, I decided to add fresh passionfruit and oh my goodness! It’s so so good! I hope you enjoy these beauties!!
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 cups caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1⅓ cup gluten free all purpose flour, or regular all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1½ cups almond milk or any thin dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted, for greasing waffle maker
- Raspberries, Blueberries or Strawberries
- Honey or maple syrup
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat waffle maker to manufacture’s instructions.
- On a baking tray, combine sugar and cinnamon, mix well and spread over the tray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Whisk well.
- Add in eggs, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Once waffle maker is heated, using a silicone pastry brush, grease both the top and base of the waffle maker with the melted coconut oil.
- Pick up a ladle full of the batter, approx. 1 cup, and pour onto the centre of the waffle maker (or refer to your waffle maker cooking instructions), spreading it out slightly. NOTE: My waffle maker moves 360 degrees so when I pour the batter, I close the lid and slowly move the waffler maker right around. This ensures the batter evenly moves around the pan inside.
- Cook waffle for 3-6 minutes or until completely cooked through, golden and crispy.
- Gently remove waffle using a plastic spatula and set aside. Repeat with remaining batter.
- After each waffle has been cooked and cooled slightly, add to tray with cinnamon sugar and coat well.
- Transfer to serving plates and top with desired fruits and honey or maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!