Who doesn’t drool at the thought of crispy potatoes?! Especially drenched in garlic – delicious!
- 1kg baby washed white potatoes (10–12 potatoes), skin on
- 3 medium/large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to season
- Fresh chives, chopped, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
- Half fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Stab each potato a few times with a fork, creating little air holes all over.
- Once water is boiling, add potatoes, cover and bring to a boil. Then remove lid and boil for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large baking tray.
- Using the bottom of a mug, press down on each potato to smash them. Alternatively, use the base of a second baking tray and lay it on top of the potatoes and press down.
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat well.
- Transfer to oven and roast for 30-35 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle over chopped chives, basil leaves and serve with greek yoghurt.