Brining you another simple yet divine and delicious cookie recipe. I shared with you my recipe for Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies a couple of weeks ago and you loved them! They’re by far the most simple and quickest cookie recipe I have shared. Therefore, I decided to switch up the flavour profiles on that recipe to create a new recipe – Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Chip Cookies! AMAZING!
You know the ever so popular macadamia and white chocolate cookies? Well, I was going to add macadamias instead of peanut butter to this recipe but honestly, I want to bring you not only easy baking recipes but affordable baking recipes, affordable meaning inexpensive ingredients. I’m not sure how much you pay for macadamia nuts where you live but here in Australia, they’re quite expensive, even for a small bag. So, sticking to my belief of brining you simple and affordable delicious baking recipes, I chose to go with peanut butter in place of macadamias.
Let me tell you this, I asked my Dad what he thought of the cookies after he enjoyed a few. He told me that what flavour were they because they taste like macadamia and white chocolate cookies – WHHATTT?! I think we have hit the jackpot here friends, a peanut butter and white chocolate cookie that tastes like it has macadamias? You’re welcome 🙂Print
Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Chip Cookies! Simple one-bowl cookies filled with peanut butter and white chocolate chips. Morish and addictive!
- 225g salted butter, cubed and softened to room temperature
- 120g (1/2 cup) white caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (80g) + 1 tablespoon peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 3 Tbsp milk of choice
- 300g (2 cups) plain all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (130g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened cubed butter and with an electric hand beater, beat the butter for a few seconds until just creamy.
- Add sugar and beat for 1 minute until light and creamy. Scraping down the sides with a spatula when needed.
- Pour in peanut butter and milk, beat until well combined, light and fluffy, approx. 30 seconds.
- Sift over flour and baking powder. Using your electric beater, beat mixture until flour is just combined into the creamed mixture. Use clean hands to bring the dough together and to incorporate any excess flour.
- Sprinkle over chocolate chips and knead into dough, then bring it altogether into a soft cookie dough ball.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball. Place on lined tray and flatten into a thick round disc with your palm. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving a 1-inch gap between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove and cool on pan for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 4-5 days.