Another day, another sweet treat! That is what my week has been looking like and I ain’t complaining! Especially not over these Oatmeal Cookies!
How has your week been?? I hope it’s a good and healthy one!!
I’m pretty happy to be sharing these yummy oatmeal cookies with you today, major sweet cravings happening over here! Oats, dried fruit, fresh fruit and chocolate, of course chocolate, never ever leave out the chocolate, please.
Right now I’m devouring a couple of these beauties whilst listening to New York New York by Frank Sinatra and I’m feeling little fancy and I’m moments away from dancing like I’m in the Rockettes! Wow, picture that! Don’t mind my fabulous grammar there either, I love long winded sentences.
Anyway’s, back at the ranch! These gluten free oatmeal cookies are the bomb dot com and I hope you make a batch right away because they’re so yummy, you can eat them for breakfast, seriously… do it. They have fresh diced strawberries and sultanas in them, it’s practically granola! Enjoy them with a lovely hot cup of tea or a hot chocolate. I’m also enjoying mine with a warm cup of Holy Basil tea, delicious! Have you tried Holy Basil tea? Oh my goodness, it’s beautiful! Although my tea does also have rose and a few other sweet flower notes in it.
These oatmeal cookies are not vegan, sorry, not sorry. You can’t have an oatmeal cookie without the honey right? Look, I suppose you could but I love to add my raw local honey, it makes the perfect binding agent and gives these gorgeous cookies an epic flavour bomb and you will fall in love… promise!
Did you guys catch my post from yesterday? I had to chuck this recipe in here too because I’m still getting over it’s amaze-balls-ness. I’m talking about my new Chickpea Sliders w/ French Fries, I will promote it here and everywhere *no shame*. One word, epic.
If you love these oatmeal cookies, I urge you to try my Pistachio White Chocolate Chunk Oat Cookies! I’m the oat cookie monster! 😉
Ok guys, that’s it!! Loving you and leaving you yet again with another tasty, healthy recipe for you and your loved ones to enjoy. Simple, flavoursome and homemade. Enjoy!
- 2½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup sultanas
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberry, diced
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF), line a large baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond meal, coconut, sugar, baking powder, sultanas and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together honey, almond butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until well combined.
- Gently stir through diced strawberries.
- Using your hands to form cookies, approx. 2-3 Tbsp of mixture per cookie. A bit smaller than a golf ball.
- Place them on your prepared baking tray, 1 inch apart, pressing down on them to create round cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and they lift off the baking sheet.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.