When Easter meets the Anzac Biscuit you get a delightful biscuit perfect for afternoon tea! It’s your classic Anzac biscuit but with added marshmallows and little gems, which are those adorable colourful buttons you see. Since Easter and Anzac Day fall within the same week, why not honour both and enjoy a combination biscuit recipe!
Easter meets the Anzac Biscuit to create a delightful biscuit perfect for afternoon tea!
- 1 1/4 170g cups plain all purpose flour
- 1 cup 100g rolled oats
- 1 cup 80g desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup 70g white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 55g Organic Times Rapadura Sugar, (or lightly packed light brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Little Gems, (plus extra for sprinkling, or smarties)
- 125 g Organic Times Salted Butter
- 4 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 cup 40g Organic Times Vanilla Mallows, chopped in quarters, (or regular mini marshmallows)
- Pre-heat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, oats, coconut, both sugars and little gems. Mix well to combine.
- In a small pot, combine butter and golden syrup over a low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally, heat until butter has completely melted. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add baking soda and pour over the boiling water, mix quickly to combine. Immediately pour into butter mixture and allow it to froth. Once frothing, straight away pour over dry flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- Stir through chopped mallows.
- Pick up approx. 2 tablespoons worth of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place on lined tray and press down firmly using the palm of your hand to flatten into a round biscuit. Push a few extra little gems on each biscuit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden and mallows are bubbling.
- Remove and cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 4 days – 1 week.
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 191
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 24