The.Best.Chocolate.Chip.Cookies.EVER!! Well, ever is a big statement and I have no doubt there are many BEST EVER chocolate chip cookie recipes out there but right here, right now, these cookies are the star!
Think back to that raw cookie dough batter you purchase at your supermarket, form it into cookies and bake, that easy. Take that flavour and enhance it by 10 and you’ll find these cookies. Incredibly easy to make as they are made all in one mixing bowl using your electric hand beater.
Cream the butter and sugar, add your sweetened condensed milk (omg the best ingredient in these right?!) then your flour and chocolate chips. Now, I’ll be honest with you and let you know that this recipe I had typed up in my old recipe folder. You likely have one of these too, those folders with the plastic pockets that you will with recipe which have been cut out of magazines, books or hand written. Well, I found a recipe I typed up many moons ago and I named it “Samantha’s Chocolate Chip Cookies”.
I stumbled upon this recipe folder over this weekend just passed and in it I found this recipe. I remember I would make this recipe quite often as the cookies were just so tasty but I couldn’t for the life of me think of where I actually typed it out from. It wasn’t my original recipe, I had typed it from somewhere, I just couldn’t remember. It wasn’t until I was sharing some behind the scenes clips of me making this recipe on my Instagram page and one of my friends messaged me a photo of a recipe she had that sounded very similar. We then discovered the recipe is actually off the Nestle Chocolate Chip Packet, HA HA!!! Then all those memories came back to me and then I remembered that yes, that is the recipe on the back of the Nestle Choc Chip Packet! So here’s full credit to Nestle! Oh, that story made me giggle all afternoon!
So I hope you make and enjoy these delightful chocolate chip cookies, you will seriously love and devour them!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies! Crisp on the outside, melt in your mouth on the inside. 6-ingredients and filled with milk chocolate chips!
Recipe adapted from Nestle
- 225g salted butter, cubed and softened to room temperature
- 90g (1/2 cup) white caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (80g) sweetened condensed milk
- 300g (2 cups) plain all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (plus extra for topping) or mini milk chocolate chips, I used Organic Times Milk Chocolate Drops
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened cubed butter and with an electric hand beater, beat the butter for a few seconds until just creamy.
- Add sugar and beat for 1 minute until light and creamy. Scraping down the sides with a spatula when needed.
- Pour in condensed milk, beat until well combined, light and fluffy, approx. 30 seconds.
- Sift over flour and baking powder. Using your electric beater, beat mixture until flour is just combined into the creamed mixture. Use clean hands to bring the dough together and to incorporate any excess flour.
- Sprinkle over chocolate chips and knead into dough, then bring it altogether into a soft cookie dough ball.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball. Place on lined tray and flatten into a thick round disc with your palm. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving a 1-inch gap between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Press 3-5 extra chocolate chips into each cookie if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove and cool on pan for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 4-5 days.