Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Pecan Cookies! Fudgy, soft and healthy. Created with 10-ingredients!
- Wet Ingredients
- 3/4 cup (220g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (65g) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (5 Tbsp) milk of choice, I use almond
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) gluten free all-purpose plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (55g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 50g dairy free dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small pot add almond butter and coconut oil. Place over a low-medium heat and gently melt together. Stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until smooth and well combined. It’s ok if there is still some small lumps of almond butter in the mixture.
- Once melted and smooth, remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in slightly cooled almond butter mixture, followed by the milk and vanilla.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft dough and everything is well combined, you may want to use your hands for this step.
- Pick up approx. 1/2 tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disc using the palms of your hands. Place on lined baking tray.
- Repeat above method with remaining dough.
- Place one whole pecan in the middle of each cookie, pressing into the cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges turn a touch darker and the cookies come away from the parchment paper.
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, drizzle each with melted dark chocolate. Allow to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 1 week.