How epic is this glorious stack of half dipped in chocolate peanut butter coconut cookies??! Seriously though, can you resist a very simple yet highly delicious cookie recipe? Yeah me too! These flourless peanut butter cookies are incredibly simple to make, all you need is one bowl, that is minus the chocolate dipping of course. Gluten free peanut cookies have never tasted so amazing!
This particular recipe is in fact a throw back from a previous recipe of mine, these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. Funny story, my Mum was actually making those cookies one day and I looked over to see how the deliciousness was coming along and I noticed that she had put some desiccated coconut into the cook mixture and I was like whhaaattt??! I don’t remember there being any desiccated coconut in the recipe… but all things happen for a reason and that reason being, DESICCATED COCONUT!! whoop whoop! It made the cookies 10x better in terms of flavour, texture and baking. So hence why I have revamped that recipe into this recipe you see today.
These cookies are still just as easy but with a little more jazz and an extra added bonus, chocolate of course! Now if you don’t know by now that I’m a true believer in added chocolate to pretty much any sweet treat always make it better, you know, like the cherry on top. For me it’s chocolate and how great do these peanut butter cookies look dressed in chocolate?
Revamped Flourless Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies bathed in chocolate, does it get any better?!
- 1 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter,
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (90g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with parchment and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and well incorporated.
- Roll mixture into small/medium sized balls and place on prepared baking tray, leaving room for spreading.
- Press down on each ball to flattened them slightly into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and they come away easily from the parchment paper.
- Remove cookies and let sit on baking tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a double boiler, melt dark chocolate over low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally whilst it melts.
- Once completely melted and smooth, turn off heat.
- Keep chocolate in the bowl you used as the double boiler. Angle it slightly so the majority of the chocolate is to one side of the bowl.
- Dip the cookie into the chocolate to coat half the cookie, place back on parchment paper, repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place cookies in refrigerator until chocolate sets.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cookies can be kept in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry for up to 1 week.
- Category: Gluten Free