I’m Back!! These past few weeks i had some not so good technical difficulties with my blog. Luckily, i figured it all out and Wholesome Patisserie is now back up and running. With an all new look and feel, i hope you like it. I look forward to sharing more delicious, healthy recipes with you this year.
These Almond Butter Macaroons will be your new go-to quick sweet treat recipe, gluten free and vegan, whats better than that?! I chose to include some lemon-coconut water icing to jazz things up, this is completely optional if you want to avoid the sugar. I decided to use Pure Cocobella Coconut Water in the macaroons themselves and also in the icing, i love being able to include coconut water, it’s a nice, fresh twist on an cold classic.
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Cocobella Coconut Water
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1¾ cups desiccated coconut
- ¾ - 1 cup icing sugar
- Juice of half a small lemon
- Coconut Water
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut water and mix until well combined.
- Stir through cacao powder until smooth.
- Gradually add in desiccated coconut, mixing well after each addition.
- Take 1 tablespoon of mixture and make rounds on the prepared baking tray.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place the baking tray in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the macaroons are set. Or set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, add icing sugar and lemon.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of coconut water at a time, until you get your desired consistency. Mixing well after each addition. You may use up to ½ - ¾ cup of coconut water.
- Add more icing sugar for desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over macaroons with a spoon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keep refrigerated when storing.