- 2 1/4 cups desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 medium/large lemon
- Juice of half the lemon
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream, chilled
- 2 Tbsp coconut water or regular plain water
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup, or rice malt syrup or honey if not vegan
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed food processor.
- Pulse a couple of times to incorporate ingredients then process on high until well combined and mixture begins to stick together.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 Tbsp of mixture to create small round balls.
- Add more desiccated coconut if mixture doesn’t hold it’s shape when formed into balls.
- Place on prepared baking tray, continue with remaining mixture.
- Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days. You may need to add more desiccated coconut to the mixture if the balls begin to fall apart and won’t stick together when forming into the balls.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes