- 1/2 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rice puffs
- 170g dark chocolate chips/melts, I use Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 9” x 12“ rectangle baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil, mix to combine.
- Gently heat mixture until peanut butter has completely melted down and the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Remove from heat and stir through desiccated coconut.
- Gradually add rice puffs, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour mixture into lined baking pan and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes until set.
- Whilst the base is setting, melt chocolate.
- Half fill a small pot with water and put over a medium heat.
- Place a medium-large heat proof bowl over the pot.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil into the bowl and gently melt it down, stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove chocolate from heat.
- Remove base from refrigerator and carefully pour chocolate over the top. Move the pan around to get an even layer of the chocolate or use a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a further 1-2 hours or until chocolate is set and hardened.
- Lift out from pan and slice into long bark pieces or slices/squares.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week - 10 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Bark, Slice, Snack, Gluten Free, Vegetarian/Vegan