One of the most iconic duo’s of all time is of course, chocolate and orange. Both combined into this simple homemade cookies are seriously delightful. The cookies themselves are completely vegan (hello flax egg). Finish them off with an irresistible melted white chocolate drizzle. You’re welcome to hunt down dairy free/vegan white chocolate for your drizzling needs, to match the cookie dough. If you aren’t too concerned and you’re partial to a vegan cookie, go ahead and enjoy that sparkling white chocolate drizzle!
Did I mention these are infused with ORANGE?! Yes that’s right, you’ll be using the entire orange for this recipe, zest and juice. Their texture is soft and slightly on the fudgy side, get ready because I’m sure you will love these! Enjoy!
Chocolate Orange Cookies with a White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 Tbsp ground flax + 2 Tbsp water, mixed together
- 1 cup oat flour, gluten free if preferred
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Grated zest of 1 medium orange (approx. 1 packed tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (approx. juice of 1 medium orange)
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 50 g white cooking chocolate block, broken into squares and melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºC), line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Make flax egg by mixing together the ground flax and water, mix well and set aside for 10 minutes or until thickened and the water is soaked up.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients including prepared flax egg. Using a spatula or wooden spoon to mix until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into dry, mix until well combined and a soft dough has formed.
- Pick up approx. 2 tablespoons worth of dough and roll into cookies. Place on lined tray and press down to form a round cookie disc.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies crack slightly on top and turn lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove and cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
White Chocolate Drizzle
- Once cooled, drizzle half of each cookie with the melted white chocolate.
- Allow to set at room temperature or place in the refrigerator until chocolate has hardened.
- Serve and enjoy!