- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup milk or dark chocolate chips, (use dairy free if preferred)
- 2 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Almond milk or any dairy free milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chips and cocoa, mix well.
- Pour over maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry, you may want to get your hands stuck in there for this step. Mix until well combined and a little sticky.
- Spread granola mixture out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toasted and golden, making sure it doesn’t burn. Stirring granola half way through cooking to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with milk or cool down completely and store in an airtight glass jar for later.
Store granola in an airtight container or a glass jar, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Vegan