- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten free if preferred
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes. Or 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature, not melted
- Extra 1/4 cup chia seeds, for rolling
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Drain soaked dates and set aside.
- Add all ingredients, except for the extra 1/4 cup chia seeds (they’re going to be for rolling later), to a high speed food processor.
- Process for 20-30 seconds or until mixture sticks together. Adding more coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed to help the balls stick together and hold their shape.
- Place the extra chia seeds in a small bowl.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll balls in chia seeds and place on lined tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week - 10 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack