Cheesecakes and I go way back, i remember them being my number one favourite dessert and not just as an after dinner dessert, all day everyday i would enjoy it. Many of my birthday cakes were your classic lemon cheesecakes and chocolate marble cheesecakes from the cheesecake factory (now I’m salivating) they were sensational, can we please just take a moment to appreciate…. Ok back to reality, i no longer enjoy the conventional dairy cheesecakes, sad face, but i have the perfect substitute for you! Raw Cheesecakes that are healthy, gluten free and vegan, #winning.
I loved cheesecake so much that i remember buying a whole family sized cheesecake from the frozen section at the supermarket and eating it all by myself, over the course of a few days of course… oh those were the days. I’ve noticed that cheesecakes are a massive hit these days so i had to jump on the band wagon and create one myself to share with you. My raw, vegan and gluten free cheesecake is made from cashews, peanut butter, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, coconut water and more. Keep it in the freezer and you can pop a slice out to defrost and thats your guilt free dessert! Could you ask for more? Wow, i’ve missed the best part, peanut butter! YES, this is a peanut butter flavoured cheesecake, oh my goodness, i got sidetracked sharing my love of dairy cheesecakes that i forgot to mention earlier that this contains the perfect amount of PB, i know you’re excited now! Let’s round it up:
Guilt free dessert
Peanut Butter (the best part)
As we speak, I’m now off to enjoy a slice of this yummy raw cheesecake (it’s been defrosting whilst i type this). Oh and you know me, of course i had to add a melted chocolate drizzle because you have to stay true to yourself… enjoy!
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- ½ cup LSA (ground linseed, sunflower & almond)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 cups cashew, soaked 5-6 hours or overnight
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- ¾ cup Cocobella Coconut Water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3-4 Tbsp dark chocolate, melted for drizzling
- Fresh Strawberries
- Grease a round spring form tin with coconut oil, set aside.
- In a high speed food processor, add slivered almonds, LSA, cacao, sultanas and goji berries, process until combined.
- Add in coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla and process on high until mixture is well combined and begins to stick together.
- Press mixture into prepared tin to create the crust base. Set aside.
- Drain soaked cashews and add to the processor and process on high until just broken up.
- Add in peanut butter, coconut water, maple syrup and vanilla, process on high until smooth.
- Add desiccated coconut and process until well combined and smooth.
- Pour cashew mixture into tin over the base, spread evenly on top.
- Place in the freezer until set, 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Once completely set, remove from tin and drizzle melted chocolate over the top. The chocolate will set very quickly or place back into the refrigerator to set.
- Top with fresh strawberries.
- To serve, let cheesecake defrost for 10 minutes before eating or keep cheesecake in the freezer overnight until set then store it in the refrigerator.
If you are storing your cheesecake in the freezer, leave it out on the kitchen bench to defrost for 10-15min in room temperature.
Or store it in the refrigerator and it will remain soft.