This glorious olive oil infused cake is light, moist and infused with sweet raspberries. Served with coconut yoghurt and fresh raspberries.
- 2 cups (300g) gluten free plain all purpose flour, or regular plain all purpose flour
- 1 cup (215g) raw granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg (approx. 60g in shell), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120ml) dairy free milk of choice, I use almond milk or you may use regular milk
- 3/4 cup (140g) extra virgin olive oil, I use Rich Glen Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) fresh raspberries
- To Serve
- 1/3 cup coconut yoghurt, or yoghurt of choice
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a round 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, set aside. NOTE: Alternatively, if you have a non-stick pan, liberally grease it with melted butter and dust it with a light layer of flour. This will leave your finishe cake with smooth sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until well combined.
- Add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla. Using a spatula, fold until just combined.
- Add raspberries and fold gently until combined, ensuring not to over-mix. This batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Smoothing out the top.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until lightly golden on top and a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with dollops of coconut yoghurt and fresh raspberries.
- Store cake in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days.