I’m super excited to bring you this recipe today. Not only is this gluten free chocolate cupcake recipe simple and quick to prepare, the frosting is completely vegan! My first vegan chocolate frosting I’m bringing to Wholesome Patisserie. It’s seriously amazing, you will be left wanting more!
I made these for my mums birthday back in February and they were a huge hit amongst our family and friends. As you may already know, i never stray away from my classic buttercream frostings, i thought it was about time i did. Not only is this vegan and sugar free frosting much healthier for your body, it’s tastes so delicious, I’m craving it right now in fact.
These cupcakes are:
Gluten free and sugar free
Vegan and sugar free frosting
Super simple and done in under the hour
Amazing and delicious
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate!
You can use this vegan and sugar free chocolate frosting for any cupcake or cake recipe that you want. Thats the beauty of chocolate, it goes with everything, just like the colour black! I hope you enjoy this delightful and delicious recipe, see you for my next post!
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 Tbsp Cocobella Coconut Water
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ cups coconut cream, refrigerated
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 12-hole cupcake pan with paper patties.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk hazelnut, cacao, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and coconut water together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix, pour in wet mixture. Gently fold wet into dry until just combined. Removing any lumps.
- Gently fold through chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into cupcake pan, fill them ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, making sure not to over bake.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Over a double boiler on medium-high heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth and shiny. Take off heat.
- Pour in refrigerated coconut cream and mix until well combined.
- Stir through desiccated coconut.
- Mix frosting in bowl until thick and smooth. Add more coconut cream for desired consistency.
- Spread frosting over each cupcake.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Because the frosting is completely fresh and vegan, it will spoil if left for over a week, so these cupcakes are best consumed within a few days.