Chunky Granola with Pecans, Cashews and Cinnamon! 10-ingredient chunky style homemade classic granola. Each mouthful is like a warm hug!
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (50g) coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (60g) raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp (10g) chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (100g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (65g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, chopped cashews and pecans, chia seeds and cinnamon. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, add egg white and use a whisk to beat until frothy and white, approx. 1 minute (see photo above).
- Pour whipped egg white into granola mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spoon and spread granola out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasted and golden. Do not stir granola during or after baking, otherwise you won’t get any chunks!
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely on tray.
- Once cooled, you can gently pick up chunks of granola and transfer them to an airtight container to store for later or serve right away!
- Serve with milk or yoghurt, fresh berries and dried fruit!
Store granola in an airtight container or a glass jar, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 weeks.