The most scrumptious, heavenly and chocolatey pancake there ever were! Not to mention the only pancake’s i’ve made that are gluten-free and perfect! You must make these for your breakfast, lunch and dessert, or if pancakes for dinner are more of your thing (i don’t blame you, i would do the same).
Try my Simple Pancakes for the plain version.
I highly recommend that you melt as much chocolate as you can possibly handle in one sitting and drizzle it all over your freshly cooked chocolate pancakes. It’s a must. Sam xxx
- 2 medium-large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup oat flour (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, add mashed banana and egg and stir till combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add more or less almond milk if mixture is too thick.
- In a non-stick fry pan over medium heat, melt coconut oil.
- Using a pouring jug or cup, pour pancake mixture into pan to desired pancake size.
- Cook for approx. 30 seconds - 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Add toppings such as fresh fruit, honey, melted chocolate, cacao nibs, fresh mint leaves and shredded coconut.