Who can look past a classic banana bread? Especially a recipe with a delicious twist on the classic! These beauties are mini gluten free chocolate banana loaves, now thats a mouthful! I get so excited to try out new flavour combos together and believe it or not, i cannot remember the last time i baked and used banana and chocolate together, oh the sacrilege!
Where do i begin to describe the deliciousness of your first bite into these mini banana loaves. Let’s start here, these are more on the bread texture side of things as opposed to a soft and fluffy cake texture, nothing wrong with that at all. It’s the perfect excuse to enjoy a couple of these for your breakfast. I’ve always wanted to make a batch of, oh let’s just say, these gluten free chocolate banana loaves or some type of yummy and sweet muffin to have for breakfast. The only thing that stops me is my laziness to achieve such a goal early in the morning and my guilty conscience of having a sweet treat for breakfast, first world problems right here!
Chocolate upon chocolate
I hope you make yourself a batch of these amazing, simple and tasty mini banana breads because i know you won’t regret it! I was inspired by Olivia’s triple chocolate banana bread recipe from Liv For Cake to create these mini banana bread loaves! There is always a first for everything and this is my first banana bread that uses chocolate, it was the inevitable wasn’t it! Hope you enjoy them as much as i did making them, oh and of course consuming them all.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a mini bread loaf pan with coconut oil or butter, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Gently fold dry mixture into wet until just combined and smooth, ensuring all lumps are gone.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 mins.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Drizzle melted chocolate over each mini loaf.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Use my gluten free all purpose recipe here.
Suitable alternative to butter is coconut oil.
A suitable alternative to rapadura sugar is coconut sugar or cane sugar.