A delicious and delightful loaf made with fragrant orange rind, plump tart blueberries and sweet coconut flakes. All bonded with a soft, fluffy beautiful mixture. This gluten free loaf is one to add to your list of quick snacks to make for the week or to enjoy over a nice cup of tea out in the sunshine.
This is one of my many go to items to make as it’s not only morish, but it only takes you 10 mins to make! You can also switch it up by using raspberries or blackberries and also some dried fruit such as dates, sultanas or apricot.
Serve with fresh orange slices, drizzled dark chocolate and enjoy! Sam xxx
- 80g butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 cups gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 125g frozen or fresh blueberries
- Fresh orange slices
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan gently heat butter, milk and orange rind together over medium heat until butter has melted and is smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Stir in coconut and sugar.
- Add milk mixture, eggs and blueberries and stir gently until well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour until golden brown and until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with fresh orange slices and drizzle with melted dark chocolate
- Loaf can be kept in an air-tight container, for up to 6 days.