Start your week with a cake in a pan! Yes my friends, that is a big stack of delicious banana pancakes topped with chocolate dipped strawberries, oh my!
You have seen many pancakes paired with fresh fruits and a drizzling of chocolate and various other yummy ingredients but have you had your pancakes with strawberries dipped in chocolate? That was a long sentence but well worth the zero periods. 😉
Chocolate dipped strawberries are so simple to make yet they’re so special aren’t they? Especially when you give them as a gift. So why not give this entire stack of pancakes as a gift?! Perfection for breakfast or for dessert, completely up to you, I won’t judge, hehe!
What’s also great about these banana pancakes is that I have added some extra protein into them for you, hemp seeds! I use hemp seeds from Fair Foods, the best Australia can offer! So now these pancakes have that give punch of nutrition, exactly what you’re after to begin your day I am sure. I actually sprinkled hemp seeds over the strawberries also and they stick to the chocolate and each mouthful is just so yummy. You’re going to have to try it for yourself to believe me!
In other news, if you follow me on Instagram, you would know that my website, here where you’re right now, got hacked over the weekend. So my apologies if you were trying to access any of my recipes here and none of them were showing up for you. Many tears were shed because I thought I had lost 3+ years of hard work but after many hours of thought, I fixed it issue all by myself, woohoo! All those months I worked and created this website, I had taught myself about website settings and a little bit of coding work. I touched into that knowledge (thankfully it was still there haha) and I was able to delete all of the bad malware on my site. Lesson learnt though? Get yourself some good security on your website! You don’t want all your hard work to disappear so cover yourself and make your site secure, take it from me!
I hope you enjoy this yummy stack of healthy banana hemp pancakes paired with a bunch of classic fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate, you’re welcome.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 150g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, washed
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Fair Foods Hemp Seeds
- ½ cup oat flour or gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp almond milk, if needed to thin the batter
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- Chocolate dipped strawberries
- Fair Foods Hemp Seeds
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Line a tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a double boiler, place chocolate into bowl, stir over medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each strawberry into melted dark chocolate, shaking off excess back into the bowl. Gently place on prepared tray, repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Refrigerate strawberries until chocolate is completely set.
- In a medium bowl, add mashed banana and egg and stir till combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add almond milk if mixture is too thick, you’re looking for a thick pouring consistency.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Using a pouring jug or cup, pour pancake mixture into pan to desired pancake size.
- Cook for approx. 30 seconds - 1 minute on each side or until golden. Add more coconut oil and repeat with remaining batter.
- Remove strawberries and serve them with the pancakes along with the maple syrup and hemp seeds.