Banana Bread Granola! Do you love banana bread? That sweet freshly baked aroma? Well this granola smells just like homemade banana bread! Sweetened with mashed banana, maple syrup and spiced with ground cinnamon.
Do you love banana bread? That sweet freshly baked aroma? Well this granola smells just like homemade banana bread! Sweetened with mashed banana, maple syrup and spiced with ground cinnamon.
- 2 cups (250g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp (25g) chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (90g, about half a banana), mashed
- 1/3 cup (100g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (50g) coconut flakes
- 1 cup (90g) banana chips
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, chopped hazelnuts, chia seeds and cinnamon. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon.
- Add mashed banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon and spread granola out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasted and golden. Do not stir granola during or after baking, otherwise you won’t get any chunks!
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely on tray.
- Once cooled, stir through coconut flakes and banana chips.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container to store for later or serve right away!
- Serve with milk or yoghurt, fresh berries and dried fruit!
- Store in an airtight container or a glass jar, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 weeks.