Friends!! It’s here!! Matcha Hot Chocolate, just as you requested! Excited?
Thought so! 😉
So a couple of days ago I posted my Matcha Latte on my Instagram and asked if you would like a matcha hot chocolate and all of you said YES! So here it is, a hot chocolate infused with matcha powder, how delectable!
If you’re a super fan of matcha powder, I see you! Then this beauty of a hot chocolate will satisfy all of your matcha and chocolate needs at the same time, yay! You know me and my love for hot chocolate, I think I have posted more hot chocolates than any other beverage recipes here on my blog… do I need to attend a hot chocolate anonymous class??
This matcha hot chocolate is pretty simple, seriously! You will already have all of the ingredients in your pantry and if you don’t have matcha powder on hand, your local health food store certainly will! I have used many brands of matcha powder in my time and today I’m using the high quality matcha powder from Zen Wonders!
This is my favourite method and ingredients for a stove top hot chocolate. I know making hot chocolate this way takes a little longer than your pre-packet hot chocolate mix or even by simply adding cocoa or cacao with a little sugar to your mug, pour boiling water in there and top it up with some milk and you’re good to go. Thats all good and well when you’re in a rush but I urge you to treat yourself to this stove top hot chocolate. It seriously doesn’t take that much longer and you will have yourself a decadent and velvety smooth rich hot chocolate! You deserve it!
I love pairing matcha and chocolate together, do you? If you’re interested in another matcha + chocolate recipe I have a white chocolate bark that has matcha powder swirled through it, it’s delicious! Oh and how could I forgot about my Matcha Chocolate Cupcakes…You’re welcome and I also hope you enjoy this matcha hot chocolate, I know you will!
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or any milk of choice
- 1–2 Tbsp cacao powder, depending on your taste preference
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 – 2 tsp Zen Wonders Matcha Powder,
- 4 Tbsp dark chocolate drops
- In a medium sized saucepan over high heat, combine milk, cacao and sugar. Whisk well.
- Add matcha powder and quickly whisk until it dissolves into the hot mixture.
- Whisk mixture on high heat until steam begins to come off the surface.
- Once hot, stir through chocolate chips and whisk until completely melted through.
- When the mixture has just come to a boil, turn off the heat and let it sit until drinking temperature.
- Pour into mugs and sprinkle with a little extra matcha powder if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Category: Hot Chocolate, Gluten Free, Dairy Free