Do you love banana bread? That sweet freshly baked aroma? Well this granola smells just like homemade banana bread! Sweetened with mashed banana, maple syrup and spiced with ground cinnamon.
- 2 cups (250g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp (25g) chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (90g, about half a banana), mashed
- 1/3 cup (100g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (50g) coconut flakes
- 1 cup (90g) banana chips
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, chopped hazelnuts, chia seeds and cinnamon. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon.
- Add mashed banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon and spread granola out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasted and golden. Do not stir granola during or after baking, otherwise you won’t get any chunks!
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely on tray.
- Once cooled, stir through coconut flakes and banana chips.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container to store for later or serve right away!
- Serve with milk or yoghurt, fresh berries and dried fruit!
- Store in an airtight container or a glass jar, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cook Time: 20min