- 600 ml thickened cream + extra if needed
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 3–4 Tbsp Brandy, (optional and can be omitted from this recipe)
- 2 packets choc ripple biscuits*
- Optional – decorated gingerbread cookies**
- In a large mixing bowl, add thickened cream, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric hand beater, beat until just combined.
- Add in Brandy, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired flavour, I used 4-5 tablespoons. Continue to whip cream on medium-high until firm peaks.
- On a large round plate or serving platter, create a large circle by carefully dolloping a little of the whipped cream, to create the round wreath shape. NOTE: following the circular rim of a round plate helps.
- Pick up 1 biscuit and spread approx. 1 heaped tablespoon of cream onto one side. Stand biscuit upright on it’s edge onto the cream base.
- Pick up another biscuit and sandwich it against the first biscuit, so the cream is sandwiched in the middle of the 2 biscuits.
- Pick up a third biscuit, spread 1 heaped tablespoon of cream onto one side and sandwich it against the second biscuit.
- Repeat the above method, moving and sandwiching the biscuits along the circle of cream, creating a large wreath. Use up all biscuits until the 2 ends join and it’s a full circle cake, ensuring there is enough cream leftover to cover the entire cake.
- Take remaining cream, dollop and spread over the entire cake, to enclose the biscuits in cream. NOTE: if at this point you have ran out of cream, simply whip up some more (enough to cover cake) with the brandy cream ingredients.
- Once cake is all covered, you can loosely cover it with plastic wrap or leave it uncovered and place it in the refrigerator to set overnight. NOTE: cake must be refrigerated overnight as this time will allow the cream to soak into the biscuits and create a cake-like texture. You can remove it the next day or before serving and dollop more whipped cover the parts where the choc biscuits have soaked through to the surface.
- Before serving you can decorate your wreath cake with either gingerbread cookies or fresh fruit such as berries, cherries, kiwi or passionfruit.
- Serve and enjoy!