It’s nearly the best time of the year, CHRISTMAS! I’m kick starting my first christmas recipe off with this delicious White Chocolate Matcha Goji Berry Bark. The colours speak for themselves really, it just screams christmas chocolate bark. I want to bring you a simple recipe that you can quickly whip up for your christmas day sweets. Or you can enjoy this anyway of the week! Look this is somewhat healthy, it has Matcha powder in it, so no guilty feelings here ok?
A couple of tips i have for you, once you add the matcha powder to the melted white chocolate, it will turn thick and be more difficult to stir and make it smooth, this is normal. Your other white chocolate will already be melted and ready to pour on the parchment paper. When ready, i just dolloped small rounds of the matcha chocolate mix on top and quickly swirled it with my skewer, it becomes smooth again and blends perfectly, creating a lovely green and white decorative swirl pattern.
- White Chocolate Matcha Bark with Goji Berries
- 270g white chocolate block, broken into squares
- 170g white chocolate block, broken into squares
- 3 tsp matcha powder, i use Remetea
- 1 Tbsp goji berries
- 1 skewer or toothpick
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Create two double boilers.
- Place the 270g of white chocolate in one double boiler and the 170g of white chocolate in the other double boiler.
- Gently melt both over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, ensuring the white chocolate does not burn.
- Once completely melted, add the matcha powder to the 170g white chocolate bowl and mix until well combined. Turn the heat down of the other white chocolate bowl.
- The white chocolate with the matcha powder will become thick, once it does, turn the heat to low and continue to stir it.
- Pour the plain white chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread it into an even layer about ¼-inch thick.
- Dollop rounds of the matcha white chocolate evenly over the top. Working quickly, take your skewer or toothpick and drag it through the chocolates to swirl it together. The matcha chocolate will turn smooth and blend well with the white chocolate underneath.
- Once you have created your swirl/marble effect, sprinkle the goji berries on top.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely set, approx. 30 minutes.
- Break the bark into pieces using your hands or a sharp knife.
- Serve and Enjoy!
All images & content are copyright protected, all rights reserved. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.