You know what time it is? Granola time! Infused with Matcha, can you say yum?
Since sharing my Chocolate Hazelnut Granola with you last month, I’ve pretty much been enjoying granola for breakfast every second day (if not everyday because it’s that good!). So it was about time that I share yet another granola recipe with you, this time around we are adding matcha! We are taking granola to the next level and still keeping it healthy.
You’ll only need 9-ingredient plus your milk of choice. You will also see that you add the currants after the granola has baked in the oven as I find currants and same goes for sultanas, they turn weird and really hard after baking in the oven and that’s not the texture we’re after is it?
Whip up a big batch of this matcha granola and you can reach for it whenever you desire for a great breakfast or snack idea. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp Zen Wonders Culinary Matcha Powder
- ½ cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup currants
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, matcha powder and nuts, mix well.
- Pour over melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Spread granola mixture out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toasted and golden, making sure it doesn’t burn. Stirring granola half way through cooking to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from oven and stir through currants.
- Serve warm with milk or cool down completely and store in an airtight glass jar for later.