Hola my friends! How are you all doing?! Are you ready for another delicious, protein filled recipe?! Get ready!
Today I’m sharing with you my Jaffa Protein Bliss Balls, yeah that’s right, jaffa! Chocolate + orange, you fancy that? I know you do!
For my protein balls I used Livwell Raw Cacao Protein Blend. Their protein blends are all organic, plant based, gluten free, non-gmo and soy free, how great is that?! Perfect for those of you who are on the hunt for a healthy, no nasties added, all natural and friendly protein powder! Get yours here!
Don’t you find bliss balls are super simple to make and even easier to eat?! They’re one of the best snacks to have on hand, especially when we are running around like crazy people with all of our responsibilities. We always need and crave that something sweet (at least I do!). These jaffa protein balls are your next sweet treat, trust me!
I was never a fan of the jaffa flavour, I think I have mentioned this to you guys before. As I get older and more wise (haha), I have come to the realisation that jaffa is a wonderful flavour, oh the first world problems, they’re the most simple pleasures in life hey?
You know me and so do I, so don’t be surprised that I have added a gorgeous melted chocolate drizzle to these beauties, because well, why not!! It doesn’t make them any less healthy, I used dark chocolate, that’s still good right? 😉
I hope you’re all having a wonderful week so far and I wish you all nothing but the best, and good food, and good people and delicious sweet treats, such as these jaffa bliss balls, will you try them?!
- 1½ cups pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup rolled oats, gluten free
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 scoops Livwell Raw Cacao Protein Blend
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Juice and rind of 1 medium-large orange
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Drain water off dates. Add to a high speed food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor, expect melted chocolate, blend on high until well combined and mixture beings to hold it’s shape when formed into balls.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 tablespoons of mixture, form into balls, place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate balls for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate over each ball then return to the refrigerator until chocolate is completely set.
- Serve and enjoy!