Gluten Free Fruit Mince Pies! Yes that’s right, gluten free!! Now your gluten free Christmas can include the wholesome and classic fruit mince pies. Who doesn’t love a good fruit mince pies during the holidays?
My most favourite memory about Christmas is baking batches of fruit mince pies with my Nan. Every single year without fail. Playing classic Christmas carols through the house. It’s my favourite time of the year! What are your best Christmas traditions?
I hope you enjoy this simple yet tasty Christmas fruit mince pie recipe. Be sure to have more ingredients on hand because when I made these, they disappeared within the day! 😉
- In a high-speed food processor, add flour, icing sugar and chilled cubed butter. Pulse until mixture resembles crumb.
- Add egg white and pulse until well combined and mixture forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead to bring the dough together. Form into a round and slightly flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Grease a 12-hole shallow cupcake/muffin pan. (Or a specific pan designed for mince pies).
- Return your pastry to your lightly floured surface.
- Roll out between two sheets of baking paper to 4mm-5mm thickness.
- Cut out enough round bases to fill your pan (12 hole). I use a 68mm round cook cutter. Or match up your cookie cutter with the size of you pan.
- Gently push the bases into your shallow greased pan.
- Fill each pastry with the fruit mince. Do not overfill. I used approx. 1-2 tablespoons worth.
- With your remaining dough, cut out stars for the tops or continue to use your round cookie cutter.
- Place pastry tops over the top to cover the filling.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or serve them warm with a dusting of icing sugar.
*I find my gluten free flour from my health food store and online.