Happy January everyone! Did you all survive new year’s eve celebrations?! Of course you did, I see you!
Begin new new year in style with my amaze-balls one bowl flourless chocolate brownies, are you ready?
You cannot have too many brownie recipes in your collection can you? No, there is always more room for chocolate brownies, duh!
These fudgy brownies are perfect for those times when you just aint got nothing in that pantry of yours and you’re searching high and low for that chocolatey goodness, I feel you. I’m here to help, got one large mixing bowl? Then let’s get started!
There is no need for perfection when making these brownies because they’re flourless, meaning there isn’t any need to be conscious of over-mixing that flour that results in those rubbery brownies, you know the ones…
Did I mention that these chocolate fudge brownies are gluten free and healthy? Say whhaattt!!! Yes they still contain sugar but it’s not that nasty processed refined sugar, we ain’t got no time for that! These brownies I think would be well suited for breakfast (I’m giving you permission to eat chocolate for breakfast, you’re welcome, just make sure you wipe your hands clean of any evidence!). They’re also wonderful as that pick-me-up snack throughout the day.
Unfortunately these chocolate brownies are not vegan as they still contain eggs. You can of course try them with a flax egg or a chia egg but I haven’t made these brownies using that method, I wish to experiment though in the future, let me know if you do!
I hope you enjoy these one bowl chocolate gluten free brownies, I’d be surprised if they lasted the entire week, I’ve already eaten half my batch!
- ½ cup mashed banana, approx. 1 small-medium sized ripe banana
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Extra dark chocolate, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat together banana, almond butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in cacao, vanilla and baking soda until well blended and smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted around the edge comes out clean. The middle of the brownie may still be soft, this is ok!
- Remove from oven, cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut brownies into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!